Hall & Callahan - historical information

ADC staff
artdesigncafé - design | Design Meriden | 24 September 2020 | Updated 28 September 2020

"Hall & Callahan; John Hall and Thomas F. Callahan entered into a partnership in 1914 to produce high grade stone-engraved glassware; their shop was located on Sherman Avenue, in Meriden, Connecticut, and it operated from 1914 to 1917. After Hall died, Callahan moved their equipment to Hawley, Pennsylvania where he operated a division of the Monoghan Brothers cut glassworks. Callahan was their manager and chief designer. In 1918, Callahan returned to Meriden and entered the employ of the J. J. Niland Company as their designer and foreman of the cutting department."— Revi, Albert Christian. (1965). American cut and engraved glass, p. 100. See entry below for more information.

Hall & Callahan - historical information (by year)

Material status: = online
= link to more info
= completely offline


Various newspapers, magazines and other sources

(c. 1914- ). Various newspapers, magazines and other sources - search engines.


1965 - book mention

Revi, Albert Christian. (1965). Hall & Callahan mention, (p. 100). (See excerpt at the top of this webpage.) In American cut and engraved glass. Nelson. (Viewed 28 September 2020. AAA0613; E01566; L01962).

Click the following link to see designs and documentation for other historical companies from the Meriden area, and those that were connected to the International Silver Company; go to the historical Meriden design overview page and scroll down to section D: "ISC, predecessors & divisions" and E: "Other featured companies".